Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a university based in Poole, Dorset, which specialises in art, performance, design and media.
We ranked all 29 universities in the south of England against the following best practice criteria to assess how well each institution raises awareness of help available to survivors and encourages them to report. Other marks are given for campaigns and extra measures which show the university’s engagement with preventing and responding to sexual assault. Each received a mark out of 5.
- Anonymous form: The university does not provide details on their website for a way students can get in touch to report a sexual assault anonymously.
- Campaigns: The university does not have any active campaigns to prevent sexual assault.
- Sexual assault advice page: The wellbeing page does not provide specific information for survivors looking for help.
- External contacts: Despite no specific pages about sexual assault, the university does list contacts for external support under ‘Useful counselling contacts’.
- Other measures: There is no evidence of any further measures to prevent or respond to sexual assault.
A spokesperson for AUB said: “Arts University Bournemouth is a small, supportive university community with excellent support facilities for students. AUB students have good awareness of the confidential support available via Student Services, and the specialist counselling and wellbeing services maintain good links with external sexual assault referral services.”