University of Bath
The University of Bath is based in Bath, Somerset. The university’s main campus is in Claverton Down.
We ranked all 29 universities in the south of England against the following best practice criteria to assess how well each institution raises awareness of help available to survivors and encourages them to report. Other marks are given for campaigns and extra measures which show the university’s engagement with preventing and responding to sexual assault. Each received a mark out of 5.
- Anonymous form: The University of Bath Students’ Union offer an anonymous reporting form, though this is not specifically for sexual assault.
- Campaigns: The university have a number of campaigns focused on prevention and awareness of sexual assault, including ‘#NeverOk’ and ‘Good Night Out’, which aims to provide training to SU bar staff and members of their security team to respond to reports of sexual harassment or assault.
- Sexual assault advice page: The university website has a specific page offering help and advice to survivors of sexual assault. This contains information about what kind of help is available, a detailed guide of the steps that students will need to take to get support and a helpline number. They also have support for staff in helping a student survivor of sexual assault with a helpline and specific web page with useful information.
- External contacts: The university lists contact details for The Bridge, a sexual assault referral centre, to support students who aren’t comfortable disclosing to the university.
- Other measures: There is training available for the freshers team who look after new students during their first week at university. This training helps the team to “identify harassment and handle disclosures confidently”.