University of Chichester
The University of Chichester is in West Sussex and has campuses based in Chichester and Bognor Regis. They also have an associate campus on the Isle of Wight.
We ranked all 29 universities in the south of England against the following best practice criteria to assess how well each institution raises awareness of help available to survivors and encourages them to report. Other marks are given for campaigns and extra measures which show the university’s engagement with preventing and responding to sexual assault. Each received a mark out of 5.
- Anonymous form: While there is not currently an anonymous reporting system, the university say that they are consulting on whether it would work at the university.
- Campaigns: There is a campaign at the start of each year which raises awareness on sexual assault. The university also recently ran a conference in support of survivors.
- Sexual assault advice page: There is a detailed page with information and contacts for survivors of sexual assault.
- External contacts: Along with the advice page above, the online student handbook has further details of rape crisis centres.There are also contacts available on the university’s internal student portal.
- Other measures: The university offers an eight-week course on ‘Bystander Intervention Training’. Staff members and trained students also have access to a detailed booklet that they can talk through with a survivor of sexual assault.