Royal Holloway University of London
Royal Holloway is part of the University of London, with their main campus based in Egham, Surrey. There is also a secondary campus in London.
We ranked all 29 universities in the south of England against the following best practice criteria to assess how well each institution raises awareness of help available to survivors and encourages them to report. Other marks are given for campaigns and extra measures which show the university’s engagement with preventing and responding to sexual assault. Each received a mark out of 5.
- Anonymous form: The university does not have an anonymous reporting form, but say they aim to have this in place during the next academic year.
- Campaigns: The university ran the ‘One in Three’ campaign as well as the NUS ‘I Heart Consent’ campaign which they run every year. Both highlight issues surrounding sexual assault and violence.
- Sexual assault advice page: There is a page dedicated to sexual assault that offers advice on what to do in an emergency as well as giving information about deciding whether or not to report the incident to the police.
- External contacts: The above page also lists multiple contacts for rape crisis centres and sexual assault referral centres.
- Other measures: The university offers student training to become a campaigner and activist in sexual assault awareness.